Philosophy

Philosophy

As a nurse, I provide care, support, and encouragement needed to assist a person, family, or community to experience better health and wellness in order to enjoy a life in which they can fully participate, whether physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually.
I count it a privilege to extend these functions to those entrusted, or assigned, to me. To do so, I rely on my education, training, and personal experiences to lead and provide individualized care.
To work accordingly with an organization, accountability and commitment to the organizational ā€œprinciplesā€ and goals is needed, but the nurse must also use appropriate nursing judgment. Skills must be refined to provide for an ā€œincreasingly independent and interdependentā€ (Sigma Theta Tau, 2005, p. 12) patient. However, the patient needs to remain the central focus and all efforts to bring the patient towards better health should be paramount. Continual awareness of the dynamic nature of health needs to be considered as well.