Individual strengths

At a very early age in lifeĀ i discovered that i was very impatient butĀ i have grown to understand the value of patience, a moderate temperament and control of my impulses. I also have a high degree of self confidence tempered with humility and this is essential in my practice as a nurse. Over the years i haveĀ developed a delayed response to hostile situations that helps me to think and not react impulsively which could escalate situationsĀ that could have beenĀ avoided. I have also nurtured over the yearsĀ an inner sense of peace and calm such that in highly stressed situations or events i am able to remove myself emotionally and this helps to see a clear picture of what is happening and increase my capacity to make positive decisions relating to solutions. This is particularly helpful in my practice which requires making decisions in situations that are chaotic and overwhelming. A calm demeanor helps to reassure clients that you are in control and addressing their issues. Also i consider being empathetic as one of my strengths and this gives insight into clients’ issues and concerns.