Crossing the Finish Line

This week for my internship, I tried my hand at mockups again. My director assigned me a project to create t-shirt and hoodie mockups using the company’s logo. I got the chance to practice using Adobe Photoshop some more, a program which I’m not totally comfortable using still. I noticed that I created these mockups faster than the mask, and I learned some new skills to make the final product more realistic utilizing layer modes and adjusting the levels of the photographs I used.

On the other hand, my job at the casino has also been going well. I was assigned a project to make some edits to a menu, and my senior commended me for my attention to detail. Additionally, I finished my employee recognition pins & certificate assignment, and I would say that I’m about 50% finished with my Design Bible.

For the Design Bible, I started adding annotations to my images to describe the guidelines for the designs for digital ads. My boss and coworkers actually didn’t have a lot of information on the context of the ads that they design, like where they go or how they look when they’re live, so I had to do a lot of personal research on the various ad sizes. I learned a lot about the top performing ad dimensions, about “ad inventory,” and now I can identify different ads based on their dimensions!

I also spent some time after my shift familiarizing myself with the property, noting the various screens that our promotions/designs appear on. It’s important to be able to contextualize the designs I’m going to be creating so that I’m able to design for the space better.

Photo by Markus Spiske: https://www.pexels.com/photo/white-and-red-track-field-3905827/