Reflections

I have spent the past 6 weeks working between two design jobs, and these experiences have been extremely insightful for me. My internship at the non-profit and my full time position at the casino are two totally different experiences, but both have been equally insightful and I’m appreciative of both opportunites.

My internship at the non-profit has definitely pushed me out my comfort zone and get more used to creating unique newsletter designs in Adobe InDesign. InDesign is a program which I haven’t previously had much training in, even in college, so I’m glad I got to have a head start in utilizing the program in a professional environment. Another skill which I was able to train during the internship was creating mockups in Photoshop, which is admittedly another skill which I hadn’t had enough practice in beforehand. However, this skill is also invaluable to me. Working at the casino on the side has shown me the demands of a professional design firm, and I think having started with the internship proved to be a good warm up for working in field. Additionally, I have received valuable feedback from my peers and superiors, to which I am also grateful for. This internship has made me noticeably more comfortable and efficient as a designer.