About Me

Final Exam : Self Reflection

This semester I was enrolled in Community Nursing at First Steps in Brownsville. I was placed in the 4 year old classroom, which has two teachers facilitating all the activities. During this experience, we participated in the importance of sharing, tying shoes, dental hygiene, hand washing, and nutrition. The children were taught how to properly wash their hands and brush their teeth. We were able to facilitate workshops for the parents which has created a better relationship with the community.

During this semester, we were asked to work on the Service Learning Project as a group. In the beginning, we were able to exchange contact information and split all the objectives. Our main way of contact was through e-mail. During this time we were able to send research and correspond with each other. Working with 10 people was an intimidating challenge at first. However, as the semester went on, we were able to look out for each other to complete each part of the SLP. This experience has taught me good team work skills as well as time management. The one part that helped us achieve our goal included having our information put together before the due date. We were all able to hand in our information on time.

As a result, my experience with Community Nursing and the SLP was extremely rewarding. I found my skills useful and we were able to work well as a team. I was very fortunate to have good team members helping me throughout this process. We were able to receive good feedback after presenting our information and we hope other groups in the future also have a good experience.