Cover Letter

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to express my interest in joining your facility as a Registered Nurse. I currently have a New York State License as a Registered Nurse. I am also enrolled in a Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing degree program anticipating completion December of 2016.

As a registered nurse who has worked in a nursing home setting as well as a private medical office, I have gained the confidence and experience that is necessary when working in a hospital setting. I’ve learned how to organize and prioritize tasks, maintain therapeutic communication with clients, and utilize time management. These experiences have helped shape my strengths and improve my quality of administering care successfully.

One of such experiences has been providing nursing care to residents on a 32-bed unit. This seemed like a daunting task, but I was able to prioritize and complete the care without difficulty. While being in-charge during my shift, I found myself enjoying the fast paced environment that I was assigned. The rigorous tempo kept me focused and assured my ability to provide the up most nursing care. This experience as well as countless others have prepared me for taking charge in a high volume facility that all nurses must now accustom themselves to. I am determined to overcome any challenge that may come my way in order to ensure the well being of my clients.

Throughout my professional experience, I found myself becoming evermore passionate about the nursing field. I am inclined to take care of both my family and my community in order to someday have a positive impact on someone’s life. This journey of arduous study has led me to where I am today. I look forward to continuing my career as a nurse and becoming an essential role within your healthcare team. Thank you for your consideration for employment, and I look forward to hearing from you.