CST 3605: Virtualization

Virtualization was one of my favorite courses I have taken so far at CityTech.My Professor taught us that Virtualization  users and businesses alike to use newer technologies on existing hardware. Its pretty neat because In the past, if you were a business and had your own Web Server, Database Server, Active Directory Server, etc, now you can consolidate all of that hardware into one system, using fewer system resources.For this course I was assigned a group project in which we would install a Type 1 hypervisor, install 2 Virtual Machines on it, and configure them accordingly. It was a fun learning experience because it was something me and my classmates never done before. Whether it remembering how to put systems in sub-net or cloning virtual machines, it was a group effort and each one of us had something to bring to the table. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to complete all of the tasks required of us for this project, due to a lack of knowledge and some troubleshooting issues, but hey something always goes wrong in I.T! Anyways here the project. Enjoy!

Virtualization Project