My First Day!

Monday finally arrives!! I’m not a big fan of Mondays, especially when I had to start at 9:30 Am. Also, not a morning person, but I was excited to start two nights before!  I arrive at the office, ten minutes before starting time and there other workers who were also early! They all looked as energetic and ready to go as I was and so we introduced ourselves to one another. 9:30 rolls around and our supervisor gives us a warm welcome, describing Sacatelle: what we’re about and do we offer to the field!

Afterwards, we are informed on our first project! According to the supervisor, one of the biggest tasks planned was to reconstruct the company site, and he felt the first step to that was working on the educational video. The purpose of the video is to inform our audience on our entire process on making your perfect tote bag for your company, from discussing design aspects, to the type of material to use to make it. We already had one, but he feel it was a bit outdated to the company’s current demographic and that we needed one more simply designed and eye catching. There were four of us graphic designers working on the visuals while the copywriter interns were working marketing aspects of the site. Me and my two new co-workers, we were thinking of multiple interesting and playful ways to tell the process, including a visual meter that would playfully fill up as client and designer reach a conclusion, or dancing bags on an assembly line!

It was a bit difficult to come up with good concepts on my part, since I was a bit rusty on graphic design, plus, it isn’t my main career focus. BUT, I was happy to get back into the game! After lunch at 1:30, we’d continue making progress for the rest of the day! We eventually decided on a direction with all 5 steps of the video, so it was an accomplishment to us! We presented what we had to the supervisor and he liked it! But Isaac, the director of the offices, had to see it for final say. He too liked where we were going, but according to him it was a bit in the wrong direction, that was mainly because there was no script to work with. There was supposed to be a script made, first. I totally understand the point he was making. Without a written script, It would be much harder to actually envision the proper visuals to tell our story. A bit heartbroken that we had to close our draft, Isaac mentioned it definitely would not be scrapped, as he also mentioned that anything we create we can use for content for future social media posts.