Academic Examples

For our class project we had to choose any quote and make three visual concepts that would express the meaning of the quote that was chosen. When i first started looking for a quote i had no idea what quote i was going to choose. I just Google Quotes and this one quote came out that really made me laugh so i just had to choose it. The quote is “If you can count your money, then you don’t have a billion dollars” by J. Paul Getty. I really like this quote first it is funny and very true by its words. These are the three concepts that i made for the quote and i think it express the meaning at least a little.

The first concept that i made was a guy in a suit counting money. I didn’t really made the picture it self but i thought it went perfect for the quote. The design of the man counting the money really fits of how there is a huge stack of money and a pack on his hand to emphasize the counting money part of the quote. I used the color green on the word money to make the money stand out and express the meaning of money. I didn’t arrange the text differently because i think how it is fits the picture correctly.

The second concept that i made was of Donald duck also counting money. The design of this one is sort of the same as the first one but this time he isn’t too happy about counting the money. As we all know a billion dollars is a whole lot of money and it will take weeks, even months to count all that money. I decided to cut the quote in half and put half on each corner since the picture was divided into two parts. I used blue instead of green to symbolize money in this concept. Just to show that green is not the only color that can be used to represent money.

For the last concept i decided to go in a different direction and make it different from the other two. In this one i put the basic counting numbers as the background with the quote in between the numbers. I arranged it like this because i wanted to show that counting to a billion is hard in anyway that you may try it.