For this assignment, we had to make a video that depicts ourselves as artists and students. We were allowed to show some of our work and video clips to demonstrate our biography. Our video had to have a title and credits with the incorporation of music. Before this assignment, we were shown how video, sound, and file sizes work to be more prepared to make our video.

In my video, I briefly introduce myself and show some work I have done on my own and some work I have done during my time in city tech so far. I had a great time doing this project because I expressed myself as an artist and designer through this video. Although the video was super short, with only 51 seconds, the progress on making this video was quite a lot. I tried my best for everything to look good. Since I’m not experienced with any editing software, going through this progress, I surprisingly learned a lot on how to trim a clip, add sound to the video, and place clips properly so there can be a correlation. Considering that, I added a lot of my photography work with a camera shutter sound to give it an effect. I also tried to incorporate transitions that felt right since I didn’t want it to look repetitive. I have to say, although I enjoyed making this video. There were some difficulties that I struggled with, and that was mainly sound. Since I had three types of sound: the camera shutter, music, and voice-over, I had to be carefully aware of each decibel so one couldn’t get overpowered by the other. The one sound I had the most difficulty with had to be my voice-over since my background sound was too loud. I used adobe audition to manipulate the sound to fix this issue.

Overall, I loved making this video. It was a fun experience, and I would start making more videos. Completing this video, I used a range of editing software such as iMovie, adobe premiere pro, and adobe audition. Completing this project made me realize that video is so important because video lets you establish some authority and a more personal feel to the message you’re trying to convey. Video is more likely to connect emotionally with your audience versus another content type.