Saint Patty’s Collab

One collaborative project that we worked on together at the shop was when we had to create a flash sale for St. Patrick’s Day. Each member of the shop was tasked with creating a unique design for the sale to bring awareness and new clients to Rebel. Something I learned fairly quickly was that it’s extremely hard to create designs that aren’t cliche or steal from other artist’s work. Since joining the shop, one of the things I realized is that there are so many designs out there, that even ideas you think are yours have already been done. All it really takes is a quick Google search. I explained my plight to Mike and as we talked about it he helped me realize that though everything’s been done we can always put our own unique spin and style on the designs we come up with. Yes, references can be helpful but they aren’t the end all be all and once we let our imaginations run wild we can come up with some of our best work. I got to experimenting, doing research on irish themed work and different symbols of saint patrick’s day that would make unique and detailed tattoos or simple cute ones that could be done in a flash, hence the name. Something I’m beginning to realize though is that in this field of work you really have to keep your head up and make sure to stay positive. I say this because in the time I’ve been there I’ve seen many flash sales not do very well and more often than not there are tattoos people don’t get at all. Despite all this I worked hard to persevere and do my best to create.

Flash Example –