Introduction

Hi all, my name is Christina Webb. I am a registered professional nurse who is currently enrolled at New York City College of Technology, where I am studying to obtain my Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing. I received my Associate’s Degree in Nursing at New York City College of Technology, which provided me with a meaningful and life-altering experience. Pursuing nursing, especially at this particular educational institution, has transformed my life for the better.

Presently, I am a Staff Nurse at Kings County Hospital and I work on the Medical-Surgical unit that focuses on caring for stroke patients. My primary goal in nursing is to be a prudent and compassionate nurse who seeks the best interests for her clients and workplace environment. My opportunity to care for clients in some of their most vulnerable states motivates me to be the best possible caregiver and advocate in their lives while hospitalized and seeking medical treatment.

In my leisure time, I take great pleasure in bonding with my family, practicing self-care and perfecting my cosmetology skills. To me, it is crucial to make time to appreciate those who matter most to you and to invest in replenishing and bettering one’s self in every and any way possible. Bonding with loved ones can remind us as individuals how precious life is and what makes it worthwhile. Also, practicing self-care and finding a hobby to enjoy outside of work is equally important because caring for ourselves and our interests prevents burnout and provides satisfaction in knowing that it is okay to focus on refining ourselves; it is not selfish, and is actually self-rejuvenating when routinely incorporated.