Professional Goals

My first professional goal would be to become a Social Worker.

In order to become a Social Worker, I will complete my Master’s Degree in Social Work. Hunter CUNY is a potential school that I would like to study at for this profession.  As a professional, I would like to go out in to the field and help my clients. The chosen population I will work with is children and school settings. Some children have personal, mental health, and even abusive issues that need to be dealt with.

Another professional goal is to become a Counselor.

Although this may seem interchangeable with Social Worker, as a Counselor I will help clients in an office setting that will provide them with additional confidentiality measure. Also this is not a practical part of the profession; the counseling I want to do will e carried out through “talk therapy.” Many patients/clients have made mistakes in their lives and need a certain type of training or assistance to get their lives back to normal. As a guidance counselor, I would be able to help students plan their educational future and how to stay the path with positive and encouraging advice. I would do an in-depth analysis of what they need to become a stronger person and pursue goals with a measureable time frame.

Accomplishing a goal to become a professor to teach Human Services and/or Social Work is significant to me in my career.

Attaining a Master’s Degree in Social Work will help me achieve this position. Also, furthering my education by developing skills as a Licensed   Clinical Social Worker may grant me better positions with appropriate   training. As a Human Services Professor, I would share my experiences with my students and explain how to handle different scenarios they may encounter. I would also explain the importance of the Ethical Standards for Human Services Professionals. My goal is to give students a peek in to their future for their chosen career as human services professional.