Introduction

Hello! My name is Connie Chen and welcome to my e-portfolio.

I am finishing up my last semester of Dental Hygiene here at NYCCT, and I can’t wait to graduate and start my career as a Registered Dental Hygienist! It has been a fast 2 years in this program and I have definitely learned a lot. I did not always care about my oral hygiene, but somehow I always found myself looking at other people’s smiles and teeth. I was finally introduced to this field at my dental office when the dental hygienist came in for my cleaning. She taught me about my oral health at that visit and I became more intrigued about this field of work after my appointment. Before being accepted into the program, I started working in a pediatric dental office as a way to try and familiarize myself more with the dental field. There, I discovered the importance of educating children and their parents about oral hygiene at an early age. After joining the dental hygiene program, I also had the pleasure of meeting and educating many of my own patients. I was able to experience some of what a hygienist in the field may encounter through my time at the NYCCT dental clinic, and have included a few of my patients’ cases in my e-portfolio.

I am pleased to showcase what I have accomplished in my time here in the Dental Hygiene program. Thanks for your interest!

— Connie Chen