Learning on the job

It has already been 2 months since I started working for Webcollage and I have learned a lot during that period of time. There really is no “typical day” here as sometimes it can be quite hectic with lots of work needed to be done in a short period of time, but there are also days where I can take my time. The work I do is always different, but it’s all in some way related to Design.

for the first week the Lead Designer, Ognen was on vacation and HE let me sit at his desk, so I got a little taste of what it was like to be in his shoes.  Ognen left me a “starter kit” folder on his computer which helped me get familiar with the brand’s guideline and I also got a chance to look at all the past design work he did.

One of the first projects I worked on was a template for a social media post that welcomed new employees with a small profile picture and some text introducing them. My team liked the first designs I worked on. but they felt it was “too serious”. and the lead designer would say “This looks like something for a News company”, so I changed it to be more fun/colorful.  It was at this moment when I started to really understand the brand’s aesthetics and I haven’t had a problem since then.