Resume

Chanel Edwards

Chanel.edwards@mail.citytech.cuny.edu

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Chanel Edwards and I am a Junior at New York City College of Technology, majoring in Human Services. I am a current CUNY Service Corps member at my college, working for a non profit organization by the name of Hanac Inc. There I work with immigrants who have limited English and job readiness skills. My duties are to help them with resume building and computer skills that would make them an asset in the workforce.

I chose to major in Human Services because my goal in life is to help others. Human services allows me to work in places where people are in need financially, mentally, and physically. I have always felt my purpose in life was to assist those less fortunate than me and those who need help. My prior work experience includes, retail, where I learned great customer service skills; and a law firm when I have been able to sharpen my clerical and Word processing skills.

At New York City College of Technology, I am taking classes like psychology, sociology and health classes. All these classes give me a better understanding of how people think, how they behave and how their body works. I believe these classes have greatly benefited me and are contributing to my success in the work force. With my educational background growing, I am confident I that I am gaining qualities that are adding to my skill set.

I am a friendly, upbeat person who enjoys talking to others. I am very organized, I pay extreme attention to detail and I am very goal orientated. Finding placement that would allow me to use my range of skills would be amazing. I have great analytical, managerial and time management skills. In addition I am fun, creative and enjoy working with children. Therefore, I am confident I will be successful anywhere I work.

To conclude, I cannot wait to embark on a new job opportunity. I am certain that I am prepared and promise to commit to all tasks. I believe I have what it takes to grow and help others grow. I would like to thank you for your time and I look forward to scheduling a meeting to further discuss my skills in relation to your needs. I can be reached at (718) 530- 8743 or chanel.edwards@mail.cuny.edu.

Sincerely,

Chanel Edwards

RESUME

Cedwards red resume