Blog 4 _ I Am Learning

Posted by on Jul 4, 2017 in CDMG 4900 Internship | No Comments

I received my morning message from Jeremy stating that he wanted me and another intern to meet him at PS34. I usually do not ask what is the task, I just respond okay and show up. As I entered the school the school guard told me I could find Jeremy and the rest of Thrive Collective team at the back of the school. I was surprised when I got outside they were people at the grill, setting up tables and preparing jugs of ice tea. It was Thrive Collective’s ribbon cutting ceremony for their 2017 mural at the school. To celebrate Thrive Collective had a Dj, food and fun for the kids and my job that day was to capture it on camera.

Jeremy gave me a professional Cannon digital camera and asked if I knew how to use it. I have a Cannon T3i but nothing as fancy and with the additional lens like the one Jeremy gave me. But of cause I told him I knew how to work it even though I was not too sure. My goal was to play around with it until I could figure it out. Most of the pictures came out dark and blurry but I tried until I got it. I didn’t ask Jeremy for help because in my mind I felt as thou I should have known this. At the end I got some good shoots and was able to learn a few new things when it came to the iso settings and the f speed on a camera. I also learned what were the right pictures to take to portray the brand of the organization and to stay very still so people forget you are there. That way they act more natural instead of running from you the photographer or hiding their faces.

I am proud that my pictures after editing in Photoshop will be used on the organizations website and print materials.