Image result for collaborationUnfortunately I have not had the opportunity to work with or collaborate with anyone in the office in the a design sense. At Thrive Collective I am the only one right now who is working as a graphic designer. I am not sure if the full time person for the position is a freelancer or she happened to be on vacation while I was working there. When Jeremy has an idea for something to be executed creatively he would reach out to me, I do the design then he tells me what he wants changed until he is happy.

I did have to learn to work with individuals who are different from me and may have different work styles for the goal of the organization. These different people may be from the side of the researcher to the artist. Currently Thrive Collective is sending out their researchers into the schools to collect data to see how effective the program is within the schools. I need the data to put into the annual reports I am designing so I was sent into the schools along with the artist to speed the process up and assist.

Instead I found myself conducting the research without the artist and not scheduled through the principal causing confusion and stress on my end. What I had to learn was how to problem solve and go with the flow. As much as I wanted to go off and blame whoever I couldn’t because in the real world, the work world this internship is about building relationships. Since the situation is still on going I can not be sure right now if the project is successful but my goal is not to burn any bridges. My best advice is not to respond to your co workers when you have a disagreement while still upset.

Image result for office drama