Internship Journal 2

The first week, especially the first week at any job is harrowing. You get the feeling that everybody is watching you or talking about you. You don’t really know anyone, you don’t know the process, and you feel pressure to deliver a great performance (work) or at least that was how I was feeling at the moment. During this first week, I was more focus on figuring out the company workflow and protocols. However, my supervisor asked me to work on web layout for the company (Etomon), she went ahead and gave the instructions and description of the page that I was instructed to design as well as a small sketch of was she was expecting for me to create. She gave me a deadline of 5 hours, which at first took my anxiety levels to the top, but after few minutes talking to the design leader I found myself in photoshop working on the page, he was helping me by giving me advice as well as feedbacks. I ended up delivering the page on time. She gave the page to the front-end developers for then to revise and code. After a while she can back and told me I did great and that she wants to push me to do better and better as she handed me a few more instructions and sketches for a different page for me to create. I was happy because I felt that was being productive and because I was learning from people who are already in the field of graphic design.