Receiving My First Big Task

My first two and half weeks at my internship primarily consisted of brainstorming sessions. It was near the end of the second work week that I received my biggest task thus far. To create a new reel promoting the concert.

I was thrilled and overjoyed to get this opportunity. It was the perfect project to be given that would encompass the majority of skills that I had gained during my time in college.

The first step I needed to take in order to begin the reel  was to obtain footage. Obtaining footage was surprisingly far more challenging than I thought it would in spite of the fact Pat had plenty of DVDs from the previous years of the concert. I examined many of the DVDs and discovered majority of them were duplicates of a few select years of the concerts existence.

I  reached out to my co-worker Jordan who shoots and edits for the TeenNick show TeenNickTop 10. It is a show that my boss Nick, executive produces and also is the primary host of. Jordan unfortunately was out of town but I thankfully was able ask our assistant editor Jackie, for TeenNickTop 10 if she knew of any hospital footage on one of the multiple external hard drives in our office. Thankfully there was. She gave me access to the drives and helped me pull the exact folders I would need.

After getting the footage from Jackie I sent out an email to Pat and my remaining team members, Casey and Victoria requesting their input in terms of music or any particular footage if it was available they would like to see. They gave me the greenlight to create as I saw fit and they would give feedback once a rough cut was produced.