Welcome to The Most Rewarding Experience Ever

“Welcome to the most rewarding experience ever”. Those were the words that my supervisor Pat said to me on my first official day of beginning to work with her.

From the first day myself and the rest of my team members hit the ground running. Our first order of business was to begin compiling names for our headlining artist for the annual “Nick Cannon Rocks Times Square” concert or NCRTS as we call it for short.

We all sat around the table at Pat’s and called out names of big name artists as a random Spotify playlist played in the background. Some of the artists whose names we called out included performers who’d done the concert in the past such as Justin Bieber (when he was very freshly on the music scene), Jon Bon Jovi, Ne-Yo and Fabolous to name a few. Being as this would be the tenth year that Pat had been in this line of work having previously come from the world of Sports Marketing with the likes of Sports Illustrated and the NFL we thought it should be as big and huge as we could make it not to mention the benefit it would bring to St. Mary’s in terms of sponsorship dollars.

My first task was to look over a Thank You card that was created and tweaked from the previous year by my coworker Casey. The card would be going out to people who had been sponsorship partners and guests at the concert.

I admit I felt conflicted at first about looking over Casey’s work since I was fairly new to the team and I did not to make seem as I as if I was better than her simply because I am a design student and she is not. But thankfully I was able to ignore those thoughts and focus on the project. My review of Casey’s work went will. There were a few minor adjustments that I suggested should be made. My supervisor agreed and  and we continued on to the most important part of the whole concert which is finding an A-list artist.