The first thing comes to my mind when thinking about what would be my career in IT industry is being a Network Administrator. However, I figured that the idea of getting this position is too broad and I thought I need to start somewhere before I could get into that position. So I went to www.cisco.com to visit the site to find which job position is ideal for me after I graduate in New York City College of Technology. In Cisco’s home page, there are 5 categories at the very top and one of those is Training & Events. I moved over my mouse cursor to that category and a dropped down menu showed for what’s available in that category. One of the three sub menus available is Certifications. Below Certifications are certifications for each level depending on what level of expertise you are looking for. Under Associate level I clicked more to view certificates and positions in that field. Finally, I clicked CCNA Security which is the Cisco Certified Network Associate Security Certification.  The following page gave me brief information on what certified CCNA Security can do. In addition,  CCNA certification is a pre-requisite before you can get certification on CCNA Security.

« »