week 6

1280px-Buffalo_Wild_Wings.svg.png (1280×891)

Hello friends! So we left off with me being a manager at ihop.  After about a year of being a manager there I didn’t feel like it was the place for me.  I got hired as a hostess at buffalo wild wings in jfk airport.  Now this wasn’t something that i wanted to do take a pay cut and go back to where i started.  However i figured hey if it gives me the opportunity to be a server and make money why not.  So i worked for this company for about a month.  They had to let me go as soon as February because the busy season just ended.  I honestly was livid how dare they not tell me that this was temporary.  Or to have at least told me that you have a grace period at which anytime and point you could get the boot out the door cause they didn’t need me.  I asked to finish out the week since it was the least that they could have done they let me do so.  I don’t know if it was meant to be or what but i ended up getting a phone call to my current job Outback Steakhouse which i had applied to so long ago i had even forgotten that I did.  I called they back and was delighted that they wanted me to go in for a interview.  I was now less sour abut gotten let go of buffalo wild wings and saw a bright future ahead of me because i was now going to do what i wanted which was be a server.  I went in for an interview got a call back within three days telling me that they wanted me to join there team.  I was so happy!!!! I then went in for a menu class.  This is where they went over the menu and let us taste some of the appetizers that we as servers were to sell.  After this you have to take a menu knowledge test which i was so nervous to take but i did and i basically aced it with a few mistakes of coarse.  I was so happy to see that my hard work at studying got me where i wanted to be.  Then came the training 4 days worth of getting taught what to say how to say.  And this leaves me to where i am now a server studying hospitality management with now idea of what i want to do in the field.

Outback-Steakhouse.jpeg (572×342)

il_fullxfull.240360332.jpg (611×508)