My Philosophy of Nursing

Jean Watson, an American nurse theorist has helped shape my own personal beliefs and values as a nurse.  Her philosophy of caring for individual’s physical, mental and spiritual state of being has helped me to analyze the human body in another light.  My goal as a nurse is to provide the best quality of care possible to my clients.  I believe that everyone should be treated with respect in a nonjudgmental environment.

I have learned to be a diligent worker and provide care in an empathetic manner even under extreme pressure.  My motto is to treat everyone the way in which I would want to be treated.  This has led me to be understanding and provide amazing care to my clients.  Along with the care that I provide, my goal is to offer support mentally which will ultimately help the body heal physically.  My reflection after each shift of what I have learned has helped me to set goals on areas that I need to improve on.

The knowledge that I have obtained has helped me to pay attention to detail and to adapt in any environment.  Discovering my strengths and learning how to improve on my weaknesses will help enhance my skills as a nurse.  I want to be able to have an impact on each and every one of my clients, leaving them with a memorable experience.