Welcome!

Welcome to my page. I’m Bimala Sherpa and originally from Nepal. I graduated with an associate degree from the Borough of Manhattan Community College in Dec 2006. Since 2010, I am working as a Board Certified IICU bedside nurse. I evaluate the patient’s daily progress, and I put suggestions in a split of seconds that would change the plan of care and treatment that would bring the best outcome for that patient. For example, I would suggest doctors and interdisciplinary team members if a patient requires a higher (ICU), or lower (medical-surgical) level of care. I can work on the floor that navigates individualized patient care according to their disease process, level of acuity. Working in different levels of settings and facilities gave me strong communication skills, prioritized care, and manage time appropriately to get the best possible outcome for my patients. Since I graduated from BMCC, I have continued educating myself through different conferenced, e-learning and finally, committed to go back to college for my Bachelor’s in nursing. I am about to complete my BSN from the City College of Technology.