After reading Dirk’s opinions on genres, it has opened my eyes to new possibilities of how to use them. Many genres are known well like comedy, romance, mystery, thriller, horror, persuasion, or just informational (like biographies) genres. Genres can change based on movies, books, or essays as well. I developed my love for genres within movies and books after enjoying them thoroughly. As time goes on, my taste as well as my enjoyment of these categories grows or diminishes. Due to my increasing knowledge of books and movies there were things I would be able to detect within each set of artistic pieces. As an example, comedies try to alleviate your mood or thrillers would make your heart rate spike by doing the unexpected. This is part of what makes a genre a genre. Following a set of rules, they seem to follow the same pattern. Many times, I do see these genres and am able to recognize them. However, I never see myself creating them. As much as I would have loved to write a short story, I never have. I believe that genres like mystery and thriller could help with the next two units seeing that I would like to write about them. Furthermore, these types of stories are something I tend to enjoy but not enough. I don’t find myself ever reaching to find a sort of mystery book or movie. I am hoping that by researching more on the topic I could do just that. I believe that the topic I research could be something I turn into this genre. For instance: Why do so many mysteries go unsolved within the northeastern hemisphere? or why are so many missing people forgotten about? These are the types of things that can become a story with a little bit of research added to them.