When Baldwin says the world is getting larger, he just means to say that in that time, people were experiencing something new in who was being taught and what was being taught. The overall message that seems to come by within these two pieces are the facts that teachers cannot be teaching like robots. They cannot assume that everyone learns and thinks in the same way. Many times, especially highlighted in what Carillo explains, the students are being forced to regurgitate information forced into them. Anybody is able to do these things, but the difference is that children need to learn how to understand the topics for themselves. This helps with longer retention of information and more free thinkers. I believe that the way we are taught in school leads to how we aren’t taught to think for ourselves but think in the same way as everyone else does or how people want us to. We are not allowed to even have our own opinions or cannot formulate them. Sadly, the masses don’t seem to have those for themselves. Being easily persuaded is a very dangerous thing to be which leads for many people to have no identity in our world. This all starts at schools. I do not believe I am an expert when it comes to these things, but I do know that the message being conveyed within these articles are completely true. Instead of things I believe I would like to be told in school, instead I believe in the things I have been taught but should be taught more widely throughout different schools. For example, Philosophy and psychology were two of my favorite subjects because they taught me to think and investing and economics taught me to manage my finances better. Things like this are among the first things that should be taught due to their importance in our everyday future. They will help us become less like sheep.