• Since I was a kid, I’ve always been fascinated by technology. As a child, I would steal family members phones to play games or tap around in different apps. Once I got my first iPad, it was like something revolutionary occurred. I was glued to that thing playing games, watching Youtube, or listening to music. At a very young age, I started watching tech Youtubers review new tech. A few years later I discovered an online game called Roblox. I enjoyed playing the games, but I was even more fascinated with how they were created. I was so fascinated, that I began researching and learning how I could make, publish, and monetize my own games. Fast forward to the present, I am still obsessed with tech. I am majoring in Computer Science so that I can pursue my passion. Asking questions about technology only furthered my passion. I would ask computer teachers certain things and then go home and do my own research, sometimes even at the expense of doing homework or studying. Even though my teachers sometimes wouldn’t have all the answers, it at least gave me a starting point for me to figure things out on my own.
  • Over the years, my curiosity has only increased. Although my passion for tech has remained with me, I don’t think the education system had any benefit for me with this passion. Technology and software was something I have always been drawn to regardless of who was in my life or influencing me to do things. Elementary school was the only time I’ve had to explore tech with my old computer teacher. I was lucky enough to have that opportunity only because I was a star student. If I didn’t have a passion for technology outside of school, it would have been lost in middle school. Throughout middle and high school, I had almost no classes where we spoke about tech. Everyone else in my school was obsessed with the healthcare field, nursing, law, etc. Because of this, I had very few people to exchange ideas with that knew about the tech field.
  • Although I am still interested in tech and I am pursuing my passion, I do remember a time where it was put on the backburner. I never lost interest for tech, but I had a period of time where I became obsessed with aviation. Hearing the engines whirl, the beautiful airplanes that take flight, the mysterious ways that airplanes take off were all things that took over my interest for a brief period of time