Blog Series part 4

Adobe_InDesign_icon

Logo belongs to Adobe

Last but not least, Adobe Indesign. Unlike the other programs that we talked about, Indesign is not a program that manipulates photos or creates illustration. But, it is a program where it will bring everything together.

Adobe Indesign is a layout program and that is it’s sole purpose. It is where designer should be bringing in all their photos or illustration of the project and laying it out ready for print or for the Web. Indesign has the necessary tools for layouts out Designer’s work such as bleed and safety areas where designer’s main focus is safe if anything were to happen during he printing process.

Hopefully after sharing my knowledge from what I learn as a graphic arts production student, it can help you become a better graphic designer and understand the program more.

-Part 1 -Part 2 -Part 3

3 responses to “Blog Series part 4

1. Honestly I wish there were programs that can compete with Indesign, I mean sometimes it is just buggy! I`ve been using it since 2010 and was impressed by its uniques features but the fact that there are no other programs that match Indesign`s level is frustrating.

2. Indesign has developed its tool towards the interactive side wich each new version and although I like that these tools are growing (along with the capabilities for the creation of ebooks) I believe it is time for taking all of that interactive idea and put it into a whole new software that still has tight integration with the Creative Cloud. Indesign is becoming so bloated!
    Keep posting your very helpful articles Kent.