Academic Samples

The visually enhanced quotes project was a challenge.  We had to choose three quotes and choose a concept that conveys the meaning of the quotes visually.  I chose three quotes that could stand out in more than one way.

For this quote, I enlarged certain words that could also make a phrase.  I also chose those specific words because they are the key words to the quote.  This quote is one that speaks most to me because art does enable to find ourselves, but also lose ourselves into a world of creativity.  I felt that the quote should stand out on its own, so I put a simple background of a clock behind it because time is the main key to the quote.

This quote I also focused on key words that could create another phrase within itself.  This quote also speaks out because art is not studying reality, you seek for truth, finding what is out there.  “Study reality, seeking ideal truth” is the phrase I made out of this quote because some people do not face reality and need to seek for the truth.  The background chosen is a sky because, when seeking, you look for what is out there, sometimes above and beyond.  The person at the bottom right of the picture represents that; looking above to seek for ideal truth.

Since it says “biggest adventure,” I felt that should be the biggest and boldest of the entire quote.  “Live the life” is a little smaller but still next to stand out because it is important to live life for yourself.  “Dreams” is in a different font because the font represents a softer feel, it is decorative and  creative– what dreams are.  For the background, I chose someone who was at the top of a mountain.  I chose mountain climbing as an idea because that is a big adventure and can also relate to an obstacle in life.  The person atop the mountain has his arms up high because he has achieved his goal.  One of the biggest obstacles in life is to “live the life of  your dreams,” so I felt the picture matches the concept perfectly.