Sample Cover Letter (Brandon Version)

Brandon Archer

December 13, 2012
Central Brooklyn Health Network
Human Resources Department
451 Clarkson Avenue Room T-125
Brooklyn, NY 11203
Attn: Recruitment Unit

Dear Human Resources/Nursing Director,

This letter and attached resume is in application for the position of a Staff Nurse in the Behavioral Health Department at Kings County Hospital Center that was posted on the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation website.

My resume has proven that I graduated from New York City College of Technology with an Associate degree in Applied Science. I have been a Registered Professional Nurse since 2011. I am very interested in specializing as a Behavioral Health Nurse for the majority of my nursing career and I believe that this position would allow me to gain experience in the area of nursing that ignites my passion. Even though I lack experience as a Registered Nurse, I am continuing my education at New York City College of Technology with the hopes of attaining a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree for the Spring 2013 semester. I consider this action to be very important to your organization by finding a Registered Nurse who is willing to show a commitment to continued professional development via advanced education to provide the best care to your clients. I have included my upcoming school schedule for proof.

I am a native New Yorker and I would love to contribute to the health and welfare of New York City by working with the HHC system. I believe in the goals of HHC to provide all New Yorkers will quality healthcare regardless of their financial status. I believe that I would be a great asset to your institution by providing the clients of Central Brooklyn and the rest of New York City with the services that is needed to maintain their quality of life. I look forward to having an interview with you. Please contact me.

Yours respectfully,

Brandon Archer RN