Learning Self-Analysis(RN-BSN)

It is with great pleasure that I could write about my experience concering both nursing school as well as the profession itself. I am a graduate of the Associate’s degree Nursing program at New York City College of Technology (January 2011 graduate) in Brooklyn, NY. I would be the first person to admit that the nursing program at NYCCT is probably one of the hardest academic endeavors that I have encountered in my short life. During the Associate degree program, I had to new ways of learning that would be beneficial to my studies. Personally, I realized the benefit of this approach. Throughout my nursing career, there are going to be times when I have to learn new ways of interacting with my clients to provide them with the most effective care possible. Basically, even though the Associates degree with demanding, I honestly could state that it was worth it in terms of my professional development. The RN to BSN transition has been a bit smoother for me. To add to this assertion, I really love how the NYCCT BSN program shows me the diversity of the profession (e.g. Case Management, Community,etc.) that I might one day consider as a nursing career path. In other words, while bedside nursing would always be the foundation of any nursing career, it is great to know of the other venues that nursing has to offer. To conclude my thoughts, while my nursing school journey (reference to Associate’s degree portion) was definitely not the easiest, it was a worthwhile experience that allowed me to grow as a student, professional and human being.