Empowerment through voice, vision and equity.

I believe that changing the world by empowering every student to believe in themselves and trust that they can make long lasting, substantive change to create a better world is my goal. 

Their voice as citizens of the world and their voice as future architects in the act of design and advocacy is an important part of my philosophy.

How each student sees the world is unique and different from one another, empowering the individual to discover who they are and what they believe comes through in my classes and teaching. I actively work to empower them by giving students license to share their experiences freely with one another, enhancing the classroom experience, building rapport among one another as peers and fostering trust that engenders a safe environment for self-expression and creativity.

Culture of people, place and language are starting points to celebrate diversity in the classroom and translate diversity into a strong design a point of view that shapes the course of the students in the classroom and well into the future.