I have come to realize that my value to the college and community match my interests and activities. It is my main goal to instill in the academy and profession alike a recognition of disaster response architecture, hazard mitigation and risk preparedness as a growing field of research and expertise. I feel as though I have made much advancement in those goals and I will continue to contribute and elevate others to answer the challenges of climate change. My involvement at the national level in the profession of architecture connect with continued efforts in forming curriculum and design problems for students at city tech ultimately contribute in achieving those goals. I am looking at how I can expand those efforts for the betterment of communities worldwide in alignment with the UN – New Urban Agenda and my recently appointed role as a technical research advisor for the New York State Climate Impact Assessment (2021).

In recent years my honors, emerging scholars and design students have won numerous awards for their work conducted under my mentorship and have broadened opportunity for collaborative research and grants. Furthermore there is a natural alignment of my work with design excellence, public outreach and education that I will continue to work toward. 

As for my personal development I am seeking a project for my sabbatical year to contribute to my research or reinforce the work I have underway. It may be the work I have just begun with NYCHA – New York City Housing Authority or with vulnerable island communities in Hawaii and with Kalinago people on Dominica. I plan to continue to serve as a resource to the public, profession and the college as we take climate action. It is my desire to attain a Doctorate or PhD in the coming years that centers on Disaster management, policy and or planning.