Learning Self-Analysis

To build on my AAS degree I am currently completing Bachelor Degree in Nursing.  Associate degree program taught me basics such as patient care and nursing theory, but Bachelor program deepened my knowledge of how to conduct and evaluate peer reviewed research, evidence-based practice, to construct APA research assignments which together is a powerful tool and thus allowed me to become a much better nurse and a candidate that employees seek. Bachelor degree program helped me to better understand nursing process from an evidence-based perspective. I feel more confident with newly gained knowledge and can apply it to practice. I learned how to conduct assessments in the community settings, how to interpret research results, what is the difference between study designs, and how to apply it in the future while providing evidence-based patient care. Before enrolling in to Bachelor Program I was more skill oriented, but now I learned about science of Nursing. How to conduct community assessments, how to interpret research and statistics, where to look for a reliable sources of peer reviewed research. I learned how present my writings in APA format.  Bachelor degree helped me to see nursing from a different perspective, where there is communication a two way street which wasn’t possible at the associate level.