Capstone Projects and Professional Activities

The agency that I intern at is called The Bronx Community Guardianship Network which is a not-for-profit agency that offers services such as guardianship services, health care management, legal services, trustee services and life planning. My changed project was decided on when I set up the new computer systems at my internship (Bronx Community Guardianship Network Inc.). The new computer systems is called All-script and E-prescriptions. All-script is used to provide physician practices, hospitals, and other healthcare providers with practice management and electronic health record technology. E-prescriptions is are computer-generated prescriptions created by your healthcare provider and sent directly to your pharmacy. While inputting the client’s information from the current intake form into the computer systems there was a lot of information missing to input into the computer system. There was an intake form for child and adults, both had information missing for the clients pharmacy, referring doctor and list a previous medication. Remodeling the current intake form to match the new computer system will get clients information that is necessary for billing, demographics and emergencies. The new intake form can be completed in a timely manner by the clients. I believe that the new implementation of the intake form will be a representation of who Bronx Community Guardianship Network Inc. is.

Other than my internship, I am involved in:

The Human Services Club

New York Cares – volunteer