Lab 6

Description:

For this java lab, I had to install Android SDK onto my laptop. First I downloaded the ADT (Android Developers Tool) bundle package zip file to my download folder. Then extract the files which have the ADT version of eclipse and the SDK manager. I then open eclipse and go to the windows tab to use the SDK manager. I had then uploaded all the Android emulators from JellyBean 4.1 to KitKat 4.4. When all the emulators are loaded with restart of the eclipse, I go to the Android Virtual Device Manager to setup my Android emulator. I called it JellyBeanAVD which targets the Android 4.1.2 Operating System the API level is at 16 and the CPU/ABI I am using is ARM(armeabi-v7a). The device use is the Nexus One and the SD card is a 64 MB. Now I right click on Package Explorer to get the Android Application Project to start the first Android app. I called it MyFirstApp and the program load up to a “Hello World” example. Then I configured the emulator I created and allow the code to run through my emulator.

Lab 6 pic