Case study

Case 1. 33 years old Hispanic male with no systemic disease. B.P-108/66 Pulse- 92. ASA I. Patient did not go to the dentist for 20 years. After assessment I presented him with my clinical thoughts and presented him his oral findings. I spoke to him about scaling and root planning and based on his understanding, we decided to do scaling and root planning. His interdental papilla was bulbous and Bleeding upon probing was moderate. I explained to him about gingivitis and periodontitis. FMS radiographs were exposed and he had slight bone loss on Molar regions. His oral findings falls under Type II periodontitis with 4-5 mm P.D and localized Type III in the molar regions. I also demonstrated proper flossing and brushing techniques. Before the initial visit, the patient was unaware of  flossing  and I discussed the whole concept of flossing. After right quadrant scaling and root planning Tx- there was less inflammation and bleeding. Probing depth reduction was 1mm. My goal was to communicate with the patient and present the clinical findings and help him maintain his oral health. I used educational tools such as Typodent, Patient Education Brochures, and Periodontal Charting (difference between gingivitis and periodontitis). At the end, I also went over his radiographs and addressed caries. Referral was given to D.D.S for caries evaluation. It is important to note that home plaque control by this patient is essential in the successful treatment of periodontal disease.

Calculus B4 Pic

Calvulus after pic

Case 2. Arestin placement- 22 Years old Asian male with no history of systemic disease. B.P-108/69 Pulse 89. ASA I.This patient was a good candidate for Arestin placement. Again, Patient education and communication is vital for me. Patient education tools were used and patient consented to place Arestin. The results were pretty significant.

Arestin Pic

Arestin tamplate 1 arestin Template

Case 3.Referral form was given for further evaluation. Impacted 3rdMolars. There was no clinical sign  of  pain from this patient.

Pan