About Me

My name is Marlon Palmer. I am a freshman at CUNY City Tech, studying Graphic Design, which is no surprise because I live in New York City which is hub for the some of the best new art in the world, and I have always been into art. I have been drawing for as long as I can remember and my favorite thing to draw is cartoons.

bio pic

self portrait.

I love art, and drawing and I admire the art style of cartoonists. From a young age I have really been interested in cartoons as most kids are. Unlike most people though, I did not grow out of it. I still regularly watch cartoons, sometimes even more than movies or TV shows. About a year ago I started getting into Japanese Anime, and I have noticed that the animation in Japanese cartoons is most times way better that the animation we have in the west. It seems like the quality of our cartoons is seriously lacking compared to the east, and that’s why my generation and the ones after it mostly watch Anime. The characters are more detailed and the worlds are more vast and immersive, and the story line a vastly more interesting than ours. I wanted to know why that is.

So I created this blog to take a closer look at the cartoons from the west, and the Animes from the east to see what makes them so different and I hope you enjoy it.

P.S. If you guys have any questions for me or any cartoons in particular you want me to take a look at you can email me at marlonpalmer@hotmail.com.