Impossible Exhibitions, The Caravaggio Show

I would definitely go to a museum to see digital reproduction of famous works of art. It would be a lot cheaper than traveling to different places to see the real thing. I think its a good way to observe all of the great works of art in one place. Then, if you really like the work you can make plans to go see the real thing. This would be a great way to sample the art before you go a see it. I would prefer to see the real work of art, but it would be too expensive.

4 Responses to Impossible Exhibitions, The Caravaggio Show

1. Tony says:

i agree, i would love to see this type of digital art. from the pictures the lighting for the paintings was just right, adding to the experience of watching art on a screen. i think that this would be the late future medium for art. if we get the optics and resolution perfect this could be a norm for places that cant afford original paintings or private homes. like you said it would be cheaper not only for the customers but the museums as well.

2. Deannie Joseph says:

I also agree with my classmates on wanting to experience digital art. It would be easier those who can not experience the art at first hand and be a lot more cheaper. there are always inovative ways in which one can experience art and this new way can all the public, and the world to view the artists work theni say, go for it. although like one of my classmates i would prefer to see the art work up close and personal, i know it would be too expensive.

3. eliyahoo says:

This is by far the best way to bring art to the masses and allow people to view art they would otherwise never experience. Although I would love to go to all the places Caravaggio’s art is scattered, and see all of the original pieces, these reproductions look so much like the originals I doubt there would be much of a difference in the viewing of the art itself. While it does bring new to this old piece and maybe breaks a little bit of the tradition of valuing pieces of art in their original form, practicality has to win out.

4. nycprodigy21 says:

I agree with everyone else. I would also like to see this type of artwork. One of many ways to bring art alive and so people can view it like people never seen before. Caravaggio art is like everywhere though, so I would be able to see all of them. but the digital art can show it all which is a good thing. It would bother me if I’ve seen it up close or not , I know for a fact it would definitily be more expensive if i was to see it in person.