The City That Never Sleeps.

My friend told me about these photos taken around wall street early in the morning of people in new york city and i thought it sound boring but when she send me the link i was very entertained by the photos. I love these photographs because they really do promote the well known saying of “the city that never sleeps” these shots aren’t like other photographs you see they are regular shots with no special lighting but i don’t think it needs it it makes it look more realistic. Someone who hasn’t been to NY would love to come here even more if they were to see these photos.

The Sleepless City.

3 Responses to The City That Never Sleeps.

1. pttmonique says:

I love these photos because of the fact that we do somethimes forget that there are other people out there while we’re laying in our beds asleep.For instantthe delivery man, we’re out every morning and the newspapers are in the stand we we never really stopped and though about, how are who got them there .The photographs were interesting because like gianym said, “The city that never sleeps”.I like my life in new york city because at many times i could go out whenever grab a bite and hang with friends;and it would be great for others to experience that.

2. Kacy Charles says:

The photographs are lovely and engaging as the photographer was able to capture random intimate moments between the subjects. My favorite was the photograph of the two couples on Avenue A and the couple at the corner of 27th Street and Broadway. I liked the composition of both photographs and the uninhibited show of affection between the subjects. Overall the photographs show interaction between people. I found it to be interesting and appreciative to get a glimpse of what goes on when I’m in my bed or just about waking up. It shows the essence of the city even when it’s not crowed with people and taxis. NY is truly “the city that never sleeps.”

3. Komol F. says:

Wow. these photos are really cool. The outsiders that come to NYC only see photos of the sky scarpers, the statue of liberty and so on. They most likely don’t see these photos. The only thing I knew about NYC before I moved here was the tall buildings, time square and the statue. Now these photos show the real life of NYC and not only the bright streets of NYC at night. I really like the photo where a woman is buying food from a food stand and another woman sitting on the side walk and eat. She is calmly sitting there and eating her food at night when many others are sleeping. The natural lighting gives it an amazing tone. I think these photos should be promoted more often.