Bansky: art?

I was recently introduced to a street artists named Bansky who apparently is very incognito and extremely difficult to disclose his identity because he has vandalized so much. His satirical street art and dark humour with amazing stencilling technique is absolutely fun to watch. When I watched a documentary that was nominated for an Oscar called “Exit through the Giftshop” I really enjoyed his work. In fact I wish he would vandalized the exterior of my house yet I don’t think the government feels the same way. Is it because they don’t consider it art? I feel like his work brings light and color to dim places and it also stimulates my mind, usually with humor but there’s usually a political and social meaning behind his work. Check out Bansky!

One Response to Bansky: art?

1. i also saw the film and fell in love with what he does it’s incredibly creative and humorous but he also takes on social issues and his work has meaning. I think the government is just upset that no one can catch him i don’t think anyone has seen what he looks like and i think its better that way it makes his art that much more valuable its like mysterious. Obviously the things he does is illegal because he’s vandalizing private property but i feel like its definitely worth it.