What is a mission statement? Simple. It means a summary of values of an individual.

When I was told to write a mission statement about my values and aims in life, I had to stop and analyze my objectives. I want to be open with new ideas and educate myself on what I am truly passionate about. When I started college, I thought I knew what I wanted, but it turns out I am not passionate about fashion or business. It is interesting, but my heart is not there. I think learning about yourself takes time. We do not know who we truly are until we decided to learn who we are as an individual. I thought I wanted to be a fashion designer at the age of 10. I thought I wanted to be on my own at the age of 18. I am now 24 years old, and I am now learning I do not want any of those things anymore. I want to follow a path that allows me to take my time on learning on things. College is a great way to learn, but honestly, that is not my type of learning environment. I am all about teaching myself, and be hands on.

My values after college is to breathe and learn about myself. I have been in school for about 22 years straight. I was all about getting good grades, and make sure everyone around me is happy. In the next few weeks, when I graduate, I can finally breathe and relax, and honestly, I do not want to start my career job just yet. I want to travel and learn on my own term. No pressure, no assignments, no projects, no nothing. Just soak in the culture that is around me.

If I can go back and tell my 16 year old self, I would tell her, do not rush into anything. You have your whole life ahead of you to figure that out. Go and have fun, travel the world and by the time you hit 25, you should know what you want in life.  Dalai Lama once said:

The purpose of our lives is to be happy