Here are more than 100 journalism internships and fellowships - Poynter

Honestly, I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find an internship. It sometimes feels as if looking for one is like looking for a needle in a haystack. The long-felt search for something you’ve never once done, or just the fact that you might not know what you want to do, makes finding a good internship hard. It’s not really a job, it’s more like training for a job, unless of course it’s a paid internship. Eventually with the help of my professor, I was able to find one, “Unity for Equality”. Unity for Equality is a non-profit that fights for equal rights. What a coincidence right? At a time like this, with the Black Lives Matter movement, I land an internship in a place that fights for justice and what I stand for. It feels as if it was meant to be with all that’s been going on. I am an associate designer in the communication and marketing department at UFE. The people I work with are cool, very respectful, and professional. I do admit, I wish I was creating more creative ads but work is work and you just have to do what you’re told. So far I’ve worked on newsletters that are usually separated by pages, and the manager, Ashley, assigns a page with titles to a designer to complete. I usually have quick turnaround times, meaning always meeting the deadline. However, at times I do struggle due to the stress of being online so much nowadays. To be accepted to an internship like this one means a lot because I am a photojournalist who’s been documenting what’s going on, so it feels like this is also helping me fight for justice.