Internship Journal #1: Internship

My name is Amanda Ernano and I am a Communication Design major at NYC College of Technology. I am interning at New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute in Brooklyn as a graphic designer. I work mainly for a non-profit organization called Informal Family Child Care Project or IFCC for short. They are part of CUNY and it shares its space with people from other departments. All the CUNY companies in the building take up three floors in total. While I work mainly for IFCC, if needed, I also do design work for any company in the building that is under CUNY like New York Works for Children | The Aspire Registry and QUALITYstarsNY. The companies themselves are small considering each company that’s under CUNY has 5-12 people in each one. While they are all under CUNY which would make them a public organization, they mainly handle child care providers so it can also be considered a private organization as well. IFCC’s main focus is help Family Child Care Providers be the best they can be through workshops and events they have for them at the location. They also give away free items for them that can be used with children like books and toys. Most of the clients the company has are child care providers since IFCC keeps in contact with them for events and activities they have so they can grow as child care providers and be the best they can be.

Amanda Ernano