Internship Journal #3: Atmosphere

The atmosphere of IFCC feels friendly. While everyone is and holds themselves as professionals, it isn’t uptight to the point of suffocation. While on my first day, I came in wearing business attire, Angelica said that I can wear jeans and sneakers and be fine. As long as it doesn’t look like I just woke up and came in pajamas, it was acceptable. We all work in shared offices or open office spaces in small rooms. Because IFCC share the office with employees with irregular office hours, I change my seat often so the employees can do their job. It isn’t hard finding space since there is always at least one seat available so I don’t mind.

IFCC is opened from 9 am-6 pm. The employees have irregular hours so they come in when they’re not in the field that day. To access the entrance to IFCC without ringing the doorbell is with a key card. They enter the office and set up at their desk. If they work at least six hours of in one day then they are allowed a 15 minute break. If they worked 8 hours, then they would be granted a 30 minute break. Sometimes, there is small talk with other people in the room. Other than that, phone calls are being made so a lot of work is being done at this time.