Past & Current Tasks

Close-up of two people texting on their phones
Close-up of two people texting on their phones Credit: Dean Moriarty, Source: Pixabay

The work at this internship has been relatively quiet and slow, the last work I’ve completed was creating layer masks for some student photos to be used for an ad campaign. The campaign itself is to promote students to follow the college’s social media with some of the imagery having students holding their phones. Doing this task was a bit time consuming but not hard to do, it was done completely in Photoshop with the end result of the students being set against a colored background in one of the college’s associated colors.

Couple wearing face masks
Couple wearing face masks Source: freepik, Credit: N/A

The work I’m doing now is to design some commemorative masks for the college’s Commencement ceremony. The requirements for the design was to have the official school logos but to also possibly incorporate iconography related to the location of this year’s event, Coney Island Seaside Park due to COVID-19. I made some thumbnails, which my supervisor approved four of them, and to have those designs be made in Illustrator. This new task is the most design work I have done so far at the internship and I now feel I’m in my element doing visual and graphic design. I hope one of the designs can be made into masks and it would be great for graduates to have as a nice memento of the ceremony and of their time at the college.