Learning Self Analysis

The Bachelor of Science in Nursing has help me in so many ways to become a better leader, a better critical thinker and able to take a management role as a Registered Nurse. I have valued every class that I have taken during my years of nursing experience. I have learned more structured-learning approaches with coursework and assignments that have allowed me to move through each course with my classmates. Each course through my BSN degree has helped me to balance my work and lifestyle commitments. Furthermore, it has allowed me to use my expertise to move quickly through different material in the BSN program and contribute to acquiring new knowledge and skills through my career of nursing. I have been very fortunate to have great Professors through my nursing courses. They have helped me accomplished my goals and dreams. I am very grateful.

Nurses play an important role in the patient health care. Nursing roles are vital and important. Is crucial for a nurse to be a caregiver, decision maker, communicator, manager of care, patient advocate and a teacher. Nursing as caregivers is the most dedicating profession in the world that involves not only a commitment to the job but to all patients, families and the community focusing on the patient health care needs. Furthermore, as a decision maker I evaluate a patient problem and implementing interventions that promote the best quality health care for the patient. Using proper judgment to finalize the best treatment for the patient. As a communicator, proper and effective communication is needed to lead to effective healing process. Manager of care, focus on coordinating proper care with other health caregivers involve in the treatment to ensure that all needs are met. One of the most important roles of a nurse involving patient care is patient advocate this role protects the patient rights and determine what the patient wishes are. The nurse must also act as a teacher, helping and educating patient to gain knowledge about their health and to continue improving quality of health care in a high satisfaction level. The BSN program has helped me become a better nurse leader and provide a higher quality of care.