I have made changes to my drawing based on the feedback I received, and Tyler and the other artists take an enjoyment of it. I feel so proud of myself since I challenged myself to draw something I never had before. I had a hard time drawing a dragon, so I looked up references and my drawing for Tex’s the Dragon’s home came out great! I don’t perform clerical duties since the internship is online on Discord. My typical day on the internship is when I privately message Tyler on Discord letting him know that I’m clocking in, and he gives the thumbs up.

Dragon Place (Exterior) (Final Version)

Afterwards, I show my progress and the team members and Tyler give feedback based on how well I did my drawings and tell me what they like and/or don’t like. I tend to give feedback to other team members as well and they appreciate it. Again, because the internship is remote, I don’t have to dress up formally. Anyone could wear whatever. We could take as many breaks as we wanted and eat our lunch while doing something else.

The main office hours are from 9am – 6pm Monday through Friday and we are pleased to work and post past these hours, including weekends. I mostly try to work 10 – 12 hours a day. Sometimes I work less depending on how much time I have. Once I’ve done enough work on Dream Arc, I tell Tyler that I’m clocking out and he documents it. Ever since I joined, I am still learning how to gain and give others feedback on work but also networking because I feel like making connections with the members on Dream Arc would help me in my career on making my own animated television series one day.  

Second draft of Planet Irus.