Individual Strengths and Self Learning Analysis

As a Professional Registered nurse for 6 years, I’ve noticed a tremendous change from the time I started up until now. Initially, when I came of  orientation, I was so anxious and couldn’t believe I was caring for humans rather than a mannequin. I was nervous to communicate with doctors, social workers, nurses, and patients. Over the years, I noticed my strength has evolved. For my yearly evaluation, my Head Nurse has noticed my growth as an individual and strengths. She always mentioned that I have a strong personality and a passionate love for my career. I’ve also noticed that my passion for advocacy has grown. Overtime, I understood the purpose and the importance of advocacy. Another strength that I have developed is enhancing my communication and teaching skills efficiently to clients or family members. As a new nurse, our time is so limit and overwhelming. I’ve learned how to prioritize my work and try my best not to allow the stressors of work get to me. Since I started working in MICU, we’ve seen various of sad cases with death being an outcome. I’ve developed more of a comforting and compassionate attitude. I try to provide as much comfort to the individual who is dealing with an ordeal like this.

Self Learning Analysis

When I first started the Baccalaureate program at New York City Tech, my expectations of the program was that, it will be similar to the associate degree program of Nursing. However, my views changed overtime, when I realized that the program was more of a leadership/managerial and independent role as a Professional Registered nurse. Throughout the program, I’ve noticed that my inner growth, leadership skills, independence, and knowledge have evolved. My entire insights of nursing have changed since I joined the program. I’ve noticed that I’ve taken on a more of an independent role and my leadership skills are changing more and more. At one point of time, I was thinking about applying for a Head nurse position at a different facility but I didn’t meet the appropriate qualifications. One of my future goal is becoming a Head Nurse of a medical/surgical unit. Hopefully one day, I will be able to attain this goal. I’ve also noticed that I have a eager to teach or show nursing students about medications, a procedure in progress, or any questions related to nursing. As I continue down the path of my nursing journey, the road doesn’t stop here. I will continue to further my goal and hopefully reach that final destination.

Image 5